Wednesday 2 June 2010

Welcome to Oldschool's blogging life.



This is my first blog, so naturally it should give you some idea of what to expect from me. As the image to your left shows, don't expect me to be all that serious. I may have to grow old, but I don't have to grow up. Games are just toys and intended to be fun. Fun never gets old.

My time on the internet fora has shown up way too many people take gaming far too seriously. It is full of pissing contests about which console is the best and has the best graphics, which games are worthy, which console library is superior and who has the most technical knowledge. Who cares! The best games are the ones you enjoy. The technical aspects and the console it resides in are completely irrelevant. I just care about what I like.

The most important thing you will need to know, is that all of this will be largely Nintendo-centric. That is what I enjoy and that is what interests me most. That isn't to say that there won't be some discussion about Xbox 360, PS3, PSP and PC, as I own all of those (except the PS3, but I have 2 games ready to go, plus the consoles that preceded them) and there will be news that piques my interest.

All my blogs will in some way be concerned with gaming though. There is more to gaming than just games and consoles. There is the developers, the gamers, the journalists and much more. I hope that you will find them interesting and occasionally entertaining.

One major part of my blogs is planned to be reviews. Not so much reviews, but what we will call "The First Hour Review", where we only review the first hour of play. I believe that the first hour makes or breaks a game. If you aren't enjoying it, then continuing on is unlikely. There will be no score, but just simply observations and opinions as objective as possible.

Finally, as you can see by the photograph of Fort Fanboy, I enjoy my gaming. That was taken nearly a year ago and has increased a significant amount since then. The family that games together, has fun together. When Ripley and Kaliska leave home, for the life as adults, I will lose my gaming partners. That will indeed, be a sad day.

So drop in and read when you feel like it and maybe we can have an interesting discussion. You won't always agree with me, but then again, I won't always agree with you. Life without a difference is indeed a dull place.

3 comments:

  1. First!, & forever!

    "Nintendo centric", count me in mate, my heart lies in the same place. I'm only in this for the fun also.

    By the time Kaliska & Ripley fly the nest, you should be in possession of a sexy new Nintendo console that'll make online play easier. Also, current third world needs should bring about significant improvements in satellite connections.

    Hey, how are you doing with those recent purchases you made? ...Etrian 3 was confirmed for US release recently.


    I'll be eagerly awaiting your blogs and reviews :)

    Take care mate,

    Linky



    PS: I'll have to get to work on mine next week - I'm busy this weekend. I can assure you that those who visit can expect all that they've come to expect so far, with the bonus of much more.

    http://linkyshinks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when your daughters leave home, you can still be connected through games. You can play Halo 5 together, online... just kidding. Take it easy Oldschool, 'til next time.

    Claude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, I enjoyed reading it. :)

    I felt sad when I read about your daughters leaving. If only I could join you to play, that would be fun. :D

    ReplyDelete